Course Duration: 3 Days initial, 2 revalidation course or 1 day Break and Escape course. (Includes child adaptive techniques).
This course enables participants to understand, monitor and manage verbal and physical aggression in the workplace. There will be a half day theory session and the remainder of the course will be spent learning practical breakaway and restraint techniques.
- Legislation & Guidelines
- Signs and Symptoms of Agitation
- Effective Communication
- The Assault Cycle
- Assault, Violence, Aggression & Anger
- Reasonable Force
- Positional Asphyxia, Compartment Syndrome, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Acidosis
- Breakaway Techniques (practical)
- Restraint Techniques (practical)